About HeatherAwarded 2015 Outstanding Career Practitioner Award by the National Career Development Association
Training for Career Coaches and Support for Career Changers
As a coach, author, speaker, consultant, and instructor – I have deep experience in the field of career and professional development. Career in Progress provides high-quality training for career coaches, professionals in any industry, and students applying to college or entering the world-of-work for the first time.
I have worked with college students and recent graduates; mid-career professionals in transition; individuals looking for a complete career change; stay-at-home-parents re-entering the workforce; professionals interested in polishing their professional brand; and career coaches looking to perfect their coaching skills and increase their knowledge in the field.
My coaching approach is to provide support specifically designed to meet your career and professional goals. If you are looking to move your career forward, I am interested in working with you to facilitate positive change based on your objectives.
Education and Experience
You can feel confident in my skills and abilities as a coach based on some of my previous education and experience:
- Doctorate in Higher Educational Leadership (EdD)
- Area of Study: Career Theory and Development
- Winner of the 2015 Outstanding Career Professional Award (NCDA)
- Master of Career Services (NCDA)
- Career Coaching Intensive Certificate (NACE)
- Train-the-Trainer Faculty Appointment (NACE)
- Winner of the 2011 NACE/SJG Rising Star Award
- Editor: Career Development Magazine, Higher Education
- Career Development Facilitator Instructor (CDFI)
- Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
- Certified Job & Career Development Coach (JCDC)
- Certified Job & Career Transition Coach (JCTC)
- Certified Myers-Briggs and Strong Assessments Administrator
- O*Net for Career Advisors Certificate
- Higher Education Resource Services (HERS) Institute Certificate
- Federal Advisor Training Certificate
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF)
- What Color Is Your Parachute? – Dick Bolles Career and Life Planning Training
- Character Counts! Character Development Certification
I pride myself in staying current in workforce fluctuations and demands. I am able to provide accurate, knowledgeable support to the people I work with, whether through individual coaching or group facilitation.
Career In Progress is now certified as a Women-Owned Business Enterprise through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Operational Services Division Supplier Diversity Office. Contact me to discuss partnering on relevant state-wide contracts!